Excellence in Manufacturing Award
This award will recognise a local manufacturer with a proven track record for innovation, efficiency, sustainability and profitability. Exhibiting best practice to build a sustainable operation either by the development of new manufacturing techniques, new products or capital investments, along with the strength of their presence in the UK.
The judges will be looking for evidence of the following:
- An understanding of key factors that drive innovation in the business
- Evidence of how your organisation supports new or improved product development and use of technology to meet the needs of the customer and business.
- Evidence of a Company Training Needs Analysis plan, ensuring the capability of the workforce to meet company performance levels and associated knowledge and skills to address new Technologies
- Successful processes and policies in both Lean manufacturing processes and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Evidence of a recognised Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Demonstrate investment in R&D that has generated good ROI.
- Strength of presence in the UK