We, Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce (BRCC) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we (BRCC) will treat your personal information.
What we collect:
We collect information from you when;
- Enter, Book and/or sending an enquiry
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including events)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Name, job title, organisation, and number of employees
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information including postcode
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you whereby you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber of Commerce
2 Genesis Business Park